About this opportunity:
The Welcoming volunteer helps to welcome people to the centre by providing a friendly, supportive presence in our waiting room while people wait for casework or support services. The role involves greeting people, sitting with them, having conversations while listening respectfully, offering tea or coffee and generally trying to make people feel welcome and at ease. This role also liaises between Reception, Foodbank and the casework team to assist people accessing services at the centre.
The Welcoming volunteer may also assist with ad hoc duties, such as supporting Reception, helping with Foodbank or assisting with Intake and form filling. Many positions available.
- To provide a friendly and welcoming presence for all House of Welcome clients in our waiting room.
- To engage and chat with clients who are awaiting meetings, provide tea, coffee or refreshments.
- To provide advice on other available service providers.
- To support the Foodbank, Reception, Intake and casework teams with ad hoc duties as needed
- Respect for the rights and dignity of each person at the House of Welcome
- Ability to uphold clear professional boundaries and confidentiality.
A Working with Children Check is required.
About this organisation:
9.30am-3.30pm 1 day per week (Mon-Fri). Minimum 3 months commitment.Skills required:
• Warm, pleasant and friendly manner with excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication skills particularly with vulnerable clients and across cultures.
• Customer service or hospitality experience would be advantageous.
• Good organisational skills and ability to manage a varied workload.
• Good telephone manner.
• Patience with varying levels of English proficiency.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Compliance with HOW Volunteer Policies & Procedures.
• Upholding the Purpose, Vision and Values of SFSS.
Induction training provided.
Hub Core Training offered to all volunteers.
197 The Trongate, South Granville, NSW, 2142, Australia