About this opportunity:
JRS is looking for a volunteer to coordinate the JRS Youth Award program. The Award program is designed for students to engage and raise awareness in their school communities on forced displacement and people seeking asylum in Australia and other parts of the world.
The JRS Youth Award program was offered in 2019 and will be offered in 2020. The award is offered to eight Jesuit schools throughout Australia. Each school engages with the award in different ways. Students register their interest with JRS on-line and work independently or in groups to produce a multimedia project.
The Volunteer will work with the Schools Engagement Coordinator on the Award. Please note – this role is based at JRS Head Office, Kings Cross.
- Communicating with Jesuit schools
- Setting up a timeline for the 2020 Award
- Setting up a database of enrolled students
- Providing resources for students
For any enquiries please contact Anne Nesbitt, Schools Engagement Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
A Police Check and Working with Children check required.
About this organisation:
4 hours per week, (School hours - Mon-Fri) flexibility provided. Additional hours may be needed during the judging and distribution of the Award.Skills required:
• Able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in a confident and respectful manner.
• Administrative and organisational experience
• Previous work with school students ideal
• Sense of humour.
JRS Induction training day
Hub core training available
2 Darcy Road, Westmead NSW, Australia