About this opportunity:
ASC is looking for a volunteer to assist their award-winning Employment Service.
The Resourcer ensures the Employment Service presents and supports high-calibre candidates for employment opportunities within our Employment Partner network.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify expertise, abilities, interests and work readiness of job seekers for positions available
- Advocate on behalf of job seekers
- Ensure a positive experience for the job seeker whilst accessing Employment Service
- Refer people seeking asylum to training and other services
- Provide coaching and preparation for all stages of job-seeking process.
Please see the Position Description for full details: Resourcer (ES)
Please attach your resume and a brief blurb about yourself and how you meet the selection criteria (found in the position description).
A Working with Children Check is required.
About this organisation:
2 days/half days per week (at least 3hrs per day) Mon-Fri.Skills required:
• HR/Recruitment experience would be ideal.
• Excellent communication skills, including cross-cultural sensitivity.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to develop a sound understanding of issues affecting people seeking asylum.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
• Experience working with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on extra tasks.
• Ability to adhere to policies relating to conduct, boundaries and confidentiality.
ASC Volunteer Induction provided.
Hub Core Training offered.
Becher House 43 Bedford St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia