About this opportunity:
JRS provides a drop-in centre in Westmead that offers hospitality, casework, emergency relief, employment support, legal clinics through RACS and social programs for people seeking asylum.
We require a Receptionist to be a welcoming presence to those who come to our Community Centre and assist with general phone and office duties.
- To welcome all who come in, introduce yourself and ask the name of person.
- Ask the client how you can help and direct them to the person or program required.
- Ensure clients sign in on the register.
- Where possible, talk to clients about programs at JRS using flyers.
- Answer phones, directing calls and taking messages.
- Assist with general database duties, such as checking rosters and foodbank lists.
- Assist with general office duties including tidying and restocking supplies.
Please see the Position Description for full details: JRS Volunteer Position Description – Receptionist_2019
A Working with Children Check and Police Check are required.
About this organisation:
Any weekday from 9.00am – 4pm (on a rotating roster).Skills required:
• Good communication skills, able to engage people who are waiting in general conversation, with sensitivity and good listening skills.
• Good telephone manner, able to take and redirect calls, record messages accurately.
• Good computer skills, able to learn systems, check calendars and staff rosters.
• Good organisational skills to ensure adequate supplies for office and hospitality areas.
Proactive and flexible, keen to help caseworkers and staff with daily activities as required.
Friendly and patient, with a welcoming nature.
JRS Induction training day
Hub core training
2 Darcy Road, Westmead NSW, Australia