About this opportunity:
JRS provides a drop-in centre in Westmead that offers hospitality, casework, emergency relief, employment support, legal clinics through RACS and social programs for people seeking asylum.
We require a Receptionist to be a welcoming presence to those who come to our Community Centre and assist with general phone and office duties.
- To welcome all who come in, introducing yourself and asking the name of person.
- Ask the client how you can help and direct them to the person or program required.
- Ensure clients sign in on client register.
- Where possible, talk to clients about programs at JRS using flyers.
- Answer phones, directing calls and taking messages.
- Assist with general office duties including tidying and restocking supplies.
- Assist with hospitality duties when required, such as offering tea/coffee and biscuits; checking and replenishing food supplies; help with staff lunch.
A Working with Children Check is required.
Successful applicants will need 100 points of ID for a police check prior to starting.
About this organisation:
Any weekday from 9.30am – 3.30pm (on a rotating roster) fortnightly or monthly. A minimum 6 month commitment is preferred.Skills required:
• Good communication skills, in particular, able to engage people who are waiting in general conversation, with sensitivity and good listening skills.
• Good telephone manner, able to take and redirect calls, record messages accurately.
• Able to log on to a computer, check calendars and staff rosters.
• Good organisational skills to ensure adequate supplies for office and hospitality areas.
• Proactive and flexible, able to help caseworkers and staff with daily activities as required.
JRS Induction training day
Hub core training (optional)
2 Darcy Road, Westmead NSW, Australia