About this opportunity:
Arrupe Place is a drop-in centre in Parramatta that offers hospitality, casework, emergency relief, employment support, legal clinics through RACS and social programs for people seeking asylum.
We require a Receptionist to be a welcoming presence to those who come to Arrupe Place and the Arrupe Place Community Centre, and assist with general phone and office duties. Applications for our June intake are now being accepted.
- To welcome all who come in, introducing yourself and asking the name of person.
- Ask the client how you can help and direct them to the person or program required.
- Ensure clients sign in on client register.
- Where possible, talk to clients about programs at JRS using flyers.
- Answer phones, directing calls and taking messages.
- Assist with general office duties including tidying and restocking supplies.
- Assist with hospitality duties when required, such as offering tea/coffee and biscuits; checking and replenishing food supplies; help with staff lunch.
A Working with Children Check is required.
Successful applicants will need 100 points of ID for a police check prior to starting.
About this organisation:
Any weekday from 9.30am – 3.30pm (on a rotating roster) fortnightly or monthly. A minimum 6 month commitment is preferred.Skills required:
• Good communication skills, in particular, able to engage people who are waiting in general conversation, with sensitivity and good listening skills.
• Good telephone manner, able to take and redirect calls, record messages accurately.
• Able to log on to a computer, check calendars and staff rosters.
• Good organisational skills to ensure adequate supplies for office and hospitality areas.
• Proactive and flexible, able to help caseworkers and staff with daily activities as required.
JRS Induction training day
Hub core training (optional)
2 Darcy Road, Westmead NSW, Australia