About this opportunity:
Are you an Admin superstar? Do you know your way around MS Office and Google docs? Are you handy at helping with events and have a flair for designing leaflets, ads or invitations? Then we need you!
JRS’s Employment Support program assists people seeking asylum with job readiness and support to gain employment. The program operates 4 days a week, 2 days at JRS Westmead and 2 days at House of Welcome, Granville.
We’re seeking volunteers who can support the administrative functions of the program. This role can be done remotely or you are welcome to come into our Westmead office on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- General admin tasks such as processing forms, applications, filing paperwork
- Data entry and form filling
- Assist with designing and producing flyers, communications or marketing materials
- Assist with small events, prepare invitations, help with logistics, set up or support.
Please see the full position description: JRS Volunteer Position Description – Project Allrounder – Employment Support
A Police Check and a Working with Children Check are required.
About this organisation:
A few hours per week, as required.Skills required:
• Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google docs
• Able to learn new IT systems
• Good communication skills
• Able to take direction over email or phone, work independently and keep team members updated.
• Graphic design skills
• Good organisational skills, able to prioritise workload
• Events assistance or management experience highly regarded.
This role would suit someone flexible, who is able to prioritise workloads and work independently. A happy helper, someone keen to support the team and maintain good communications across all tasks.Training:
JRS provides Volunteer Induction training.
Volunteers are also welcome to attend Core Training with the Hub.
2 Darcy Road, Westmead NSW, Australia