About this opportunity:
The House of Welcome is the largest provider of transitional housing in Sydney. With a portfolio of 23 properties, the Housing Support Volunteer will assist with the administrative requirements to maintain the properties and occupancies. This role will also provide face-to-face support for clients with practical components of their occupancy and to assist clients transitioning out of the premises with locating new accommodation and the application requirements to do so.
- To provide a safe and welcoming environment for all clients
- Assist with administrative duties including filing and updating of housing/property files
- Update relevant spreadsheet information according to household and new occupancies
- Print out and mail occupancy statements bimonthly
- Scan and enter all relevant housing documentation to individual client register
- Visit HoW accommodation clients to discuss housing issues such as utility usage and general housing life skills
- Assist with transitional housing process including email searching for properties or assistance with private rental alternatives –Private Rental Applications, Public Housing Applications and including Rent and Bond assistance.
Please see the Position Description for full details: HOW – Housing Support Volunteer
A Working with Children and National Police Check are required.
About this organisation:
Once a week, 3-4 hours on Thursdays.Skills required:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication skills particularly with vulnerable clients and across cultures.
• Flexibility in response to client needs.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Good organisational skills and ability to manage a varied workload.
• Good proficiency level with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Social Housing experience would be advantageous.
• Ability to work with people with varying levels of English proficiency.
• Respect for the rights and dignity of each person at the House of Welcome.
• Ability to uphold clear professional boundaries and confidentiality.
HOW Induction training.
Hub core training for volunteers.
197 The Trongate, South Granville, NSW, 2142, Australia