About this opportunity:
JRS is looking for Hospitality volunteers to be a welcoming presence for people who come to Arrupe Place.
Arrupe Place is JRS’s community drop-in centre in Westmead, that offers hospitality, casework, emergency relief, employment support, legal clinics through RACS and social programs for people seeking asylum.
- Welcome people to the Centre
- Set up and maintain the hospitality area – glasses, tea, coffee, biscuits etc.
- Provide refreshments and engage clients in general conversation while they wait.
- Help to clean up after lunches on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Assist with general kitchen duties as required.
- Please see the Position Description for full details: JRS Volunteer Position Description – Hospitality_2019
A Working with Children Check and Police Check are required.
About this organisation:
Any weekday: 9am - 3pm (on a rotating roster).Skills required:
Good communications skills, able to sit and chat with people.
Good listening skills.
Good organisational skills, able to assist with cleaning and restocking supplies as needed.
A welcoming, patient nature, empathetic with people seeking asylum.
Flexible and positive, happy to assist with ad hoc duties.
Experience in customer service or hospitality would be helpful.
JRS Induction training.
Hub core training offered to all volunteers.
2 Darcy Road, Westmead NSW, Australia