About this opportunity:
House of Welcome is seeking a highly motivated Foodbank Partnership and Development Manager (Volunteer) to participate in the formation of a strategy to solicit and secure food and other product donations from the food retail and grocery industries.
This position will cultivate relationships and maintain an active donor stewardship system including regular calls to donors, participation in industry events, and establish HOW Foodbank as a solution-oriented partner for members of the food retail and grocery sector.
This opportunity can either be remote (work from home) or at our Granville office, with flexible days and hours.
- Work with HOW staff to identify and prioritise food bank requirements.
- Steward food donors through consistent contact and outreach, in order to achieve organisational food procurement goals.
- Track and report on donor contacts and results.
- Work with HOW staff and volunteers to coordinate logistics and delivery of donations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with food retail and grocery industry stakeholders and position HOW as the partner of choice as a secondary market, a solution to surplus food and as a philanthropic partner.
A Working with Children check is required.
About this organisation:
Once a week, 2-3 hrs of research, reaching out to potential donors (email and telephone) and following up; liaising with HOW staff. A minimum commitment of 4mths is requested.Skills required:
• Organisational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team.
• Advocacy skills.
• Business Development Management skills.
You believe that no one should be hungry; that communities thrive when people are nourished.
You enjoy thinking outside of the box and bring a creative, entrepreneurial spirit to the role.
You demonstrate diplomacy and strategy in developing and maintaining relationships with food partners/donors while holding HOW’s mission at the centre of all that you do.
Hub core training / Induction training
HoW Volunteer Policies and Procedures compliance.
197 The Trongate, South Granville, NSW, 2142, Australia