About this opportunity:
ASC is looking for an Intake volunteer to assist with their award-winning Employment Service.
The role will support people seeking asylum in the initial stages of engagement with the Employment Service to ensure employment goals are met efficiently and effectively.
Primarily, the role is responsible for:
- Ensuring a positive client experience when a client commences with the service
- Acting as a first point of contact and meeting with clients to discuss skills, experience and employment goals
- Undertaking a communication assessment to determine further opportunities for skill development
- Supporting the Employment Service in monitoring and identifying trends.
Please see the Position Description for full details: Employment Intake Assessment Advisor
Please attach your resume and a brief blurb about yourself and how you meet the selection criteria (found in the position description).
A Working with Children Check is required.
About this organisation:
1 day per week (Mon-Fri) for 12 months: half day at the Centre working with people, and half day at home researching.Skills required:
• Excellent communication skills, including cross-cultural sensitivity.
• Understanding of issues affecting people seeking asylum.
• Experience working with people from various cultures.
• Intermediate computer skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on extra tasks.
• Ability to adhere to organisational policies.
ASC Volunteer Induction provided.
Hub Core Training offered.
Becher House 43 Bedford St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia